Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Pepperoni Pizza Casserole Recipe
- Prep time: 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 40 Minutes
- Total time: 50 Minutes
- Serves: 4
- 250 g (8.8 oz) pasta, pre-cooked (Preferably spiral or tubes)
- 4 pre-cooked Italian sausages, cut into chunks
- 450 ml (15.2 fl oz) pizza sauce
- 100 g (3.5 oz) pepperoni
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- ¼ cup parmesan, shaved
- Preheat an oven to 180°C (350°F)
- In a pan, add the Italian sausage, pizza sauce, and bring to the simmer.
- Mix in the pasta.
- Transfer the pasta mix to a casserole dish. Top with the pepperoni, mozzarella, and parmesan. (Much like a pizza)
- Cook in the oven uncovered for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- If you want to add to this recipe, try adding some sliced or diced onion, mushrooms, bell peppers, and other great common pizza topping ingredients.
- It is straightforward to scale this recipe; however, it is essential to note that you may end up needing a larger casserole dish.
- Assuming you’re not a fan of mozzarella, then you can replace this with a different type of cheese. Most cheeses will work just fine.
- You can use a homemade marinara sauce instead of the pizza sauce. Both will work just fine and really just comes down to what you prefer.
- This dish requires about thirty to forty minutes in the oven, so if you're in a rush, you can always skip this step, but you won't get the nice crisp pepperoni and cheese on top.
- The pepperoni is one of the best parts of this delicious casserole, but it can be left out if you don't want it.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!