Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Puff Pastry Pizza Scrolls Recipe
- Prep time 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 30 Minutes
- Total time 40 Minutes
- Makes 6-8
- 1 sheet of puff pastry, defrosted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 50g (1.5 oz) cheddar cheese, shredded
- 50g (1.5 oz) ham, sliced
- 50g (1.5 oz) baby spinach leaves (optional)
- Prepare an oven tray by lining it with baking paper. Also, preheat an oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Spread the tomato paste using the back of a spoon onto a piece of puff pastry. Leave a 1cm (0.4 in) gap along one edge.
- Next, scatter the baby spinach and ham on top of the tomato paste. Finally, sprinkle the shredded cheese on top.
- Using a pastry brush, spread a little bit of the beaten egg on the gap.
- Begin rolling from the end without the gap and roll towards the gap. Try to roll it reasonably tight without making the toppings squeeze out of the sides.
- Once rolled, cut into about six to eight even pieces.
- Place each slice cut side down onto the prepared tray.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- When cutting the roll, try not to push down hard as it will deform the roll. Having a sharp knife is an excellent way to avoid having this issue.
- As I mentioned above, these are still great cold, so if you have leftovers, you can always throw them in the fridge. If you do go to reheat, then I recommend doing it in an oven to ensure that the scrolls remain crispy.
- You can add the leftover egg into the topping mixture of the pizza scrolls.
- I love to sometimes swap the ham for some crispy bacon.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!