Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Puff Pastry Pizza Scrolls Recipe
- Prep time 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 30 Minutes
- Total time 40 Minutes
- Makes 8
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 50g (1.5 oz) cheese, grated
- 50g (1.5 oz) ham, sliced
- 50g (1.5 oz) baby spinach leaves
- 1 egg
- Prepare an oven tray by lining it with baking paper also set your oven to preheat at 200° Celsius. (400° Fahrenheit)
- Get the sheet of puff pastry out of the freezer to defrost and place it on the surface that you will be assembling on.
- Place the tomato paste on the puff pastry and spread using the back of a spoon leaving a 1cm (0.4 in) gap you will be towards rolling towards to.
- Spread out the baby spinach and then the ham. Finally, sprinkle cheese on the top.
- Crack an egg into the bowl and beat with a fork.
- Using a pastry brush or even your finger spread the egg yolk on the 1cm (0.4 in) strip at the end you’re rolling to.
- Optional: You can use the rest of the egg to add to the toppings.
- Begin rolling from the end without the 1 cm (0.4 in) gap, try to have it reasonably tight without making the toppings squeeze out the sides.
- Once rolled cut into about six even pieces per sheet.
- Place each slice cut side down onto a prepared tray.
- Place in an oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy.
- When cutting the roll try not to push down and deform the roll, having a sharp knife is an excellent way to avoid having this issue.
- As I mentioned above these are still great cold so if you have some leftover (which I doubt) you can always throw them in the fridge. If you do go to reheat, then I recommend doing it in an oven to ensure that the scrolls remain crispy.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!