These super easy puff pastry cheese twists make for the perfect snack or treat. They are also fantastic for lunch boxes as most kids will love them.
These aren’t just great as lunch, but they’re even great as platter food or as a side dish to another meal.
These twists come out to be jam-packed full of flavor and have a very satisfying crunch. They’re a super easy dish and should only take you a maximum of 10 minutes to throw them together and get them in the oven. This will, of course, vary depending on how many you’re making.
I love having these with some nice dips. My personal favorites would be to have this with some spring onion or French onion dip. If you’re really feeling a bit experimental, you can even, try it with a corn relish dip but for me, it didn’t work as well.
Once cooked these will refrigerate nicely and should keep for up to about a week before you should look at discarding them.
You can find a video below that goes through all the steps to making these puff pastry cheese twists. It shows you exactly how it is done and any actions that might require a bit of extra effort.
Easy Puff Pastry Cheese Twists Recipe
- 1 Sheet of puff pastry
- 1/3 cup shredded cheese
- ¼ cup parmesan
- 2 tsp. garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 large egg beaten
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat an oven to 220°C (430°F)
- Mix together the shredded cheese, grated parmesan, garlic & oregano.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the beaten egg across puff pastry.
- Place the cheese mix over ½ of the sheet of the pastry.
- Fold the puff pastry in half and brush with some beaten egg.
- Place the rest of the cheese mix over the other half.
- Cut the pastry into 1 cm (1/2 inch) wide strips.
- Twist the strips slightly and place onto an oven tray lined with baking paper.
- Repeat until you have done all the strips.
- Using a pastry brush, lightly brush the twists with the egg.
- Place into the preheated oven and cook for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once browned remove and allow to cool.
- Serve & Enjoy
- Make sure the oven is at the preheated temperature otherwise you might end up with the twists not puffing up or the cheese just oozing out and going everywhere.
- Ensure that you allow these to cool completely before storing them in an airtight container. Otherwise they will likely go soggy.
These crunchy cheese twists are fantastic as something to snack on or as a platter food. However, I can eat them by the bucketload.
So, you might be wondering how much of an impact these will affect your diet, and if this is the case, then you can find the nutritional information right below.
There are a lot of variations you can do with these cheese twists. One of my personal favorites is spreading the puff pastry with pesto before adding the cheese on. This extra step will get you a lovely rich pesto and cheese twist.
Another variation is using Dijon mustard and adding a bit of parmesan. There are just countless variations you can do with this recipe so feel free to experiment a little.
Be sure to check out our easy puff pastry recipes section for great snacks & meals like this one.
If you have any variation, feedback or anything else that you would love to share on these delicious puff pastry cheese twists then be sure to drop me a comment below.