Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Easy Puff Pastry Cheese Twists Recipe
- Prep time 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 15 Minutes
- Total time 25 Minutes
- Makes 12
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup parmesan, shaved
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 large egg beaten
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat an oven to 220°C (430°F)
- In a bowl, mix the shredded cheese, grated parmesan, garlic, salt, and oregano.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the beaten egg across the puff pastry.
- Place the cheese mix over half of the puff pastry sheet.
- Fold the pastry in half and brush with some beaten egg.
- Place the rest of the cheese mix over the half.
- Cut the pastry into 1 cm (1/2 inch) wide strips.
- Twist the strips slightly and place onto an oven tray lined with baking paper.
- Repeat until you have done all the strips.
- Using a pastry brush, lightly brush the twists with the egg.
- Place into the preheated oven and cook for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once golden browned, remove and allow to cool.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- Make sure the oven is at the preheated temperature, otherwise you might end up with the twists not puffing up or the cheese just oozing out and going everywhere.
- Ensure that you allow these to cool completely before storing them in an airtight container. Otherwise, the puff pastry will likely go soggy.
- Ovens can vary in temperature, so make sure you keep an eye on them while they are baking.
- Feel free to experiment with different types of cheese or herbs. You can radically change the flavors by tinkering with these ingredients.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!