Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Tomato Salsa Recipe
- Prep time 10 Minutes
- Total time 10 Minutes
- Serves 4
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 tsp jalapeno chili, diced
- 3 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 2 tsp lime juice
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- You can serve this straight away, or you can let it sit for a couple of hours to allow for the flavors to develop. If you decide to let it sit for a few hours, make sure you cover it and place it in a fridge.
- If you need a lot of salsa, then this recipe is easily scaled without any complications. Simply double or triple the ingredients for the number of people you need to feed.
- The jalapenos are optional, as you may not like spicy foods. If you love a salsa that has a bit of zing to it, then I recommend adding it. One teaspoon may not be enough for some people, so try adding more if you find it a bit underwhelming.
- If you love the sweeter taste of cherry tomatoes, then you can replace tomatoes and use them instead. I would use about 200g (7 oz) instead of the three large tomatoes I use in this recipe.
- After cutting the chili, make sure you give your hands a good wash straight away. This will help avoid getting chili into your eyes or anywhere else where it might sting.
- If you do want to have a bit of oil in your salsa, then drizzle some extra virgin oil over the top. Alternatively, you can add it when you go to mix the rest of the ingredients.
- Cilantro is also known as coriander in some countries.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!