Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Ginger Tea Recipe
- Prep time 2 Minutes
- Cook time: 15 Minutes
- Total time 17 Minutes
- Serves 2
- 1-2 in (2.5-5 cm) piece of fresh ginger root, peeled
- 4 cups of water
- Slice the ginger into thin pieces.
- In a pot over high heat, add the water and ginger root. Bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, reduce to a simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Strain the tea and mix in any extras. (See brewing tips below)
- Serve & Enjoy.
- If you like your ginger tea sweet, then I recommend adding some honey or sugar to it. I prefer honey over white sugar as it has a bit more of a unique flavor to it. It’s also unrefined, unlike most sugars.
- Another great thing I love adding to this recipe is a slice of lemon or lime. I would only add this just before you’re about to drink the tea.
- If you want to change the flavor a bit, then you can try adding some other ingredients such as mint, chamomile tea, cinnamon, and so on. I would only add these within the last 5 minutes of the steeping process. Any longer may result in a funky tasting tea.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!