Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Gluten-Free Almond Flour Pie Crust Recipe
- Prep time 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 15 Minutes
- Total time 25 Minutes
- Makes 1 Pie Crust
- 200g (7 oz) almond flour
- 45g (1.6 oz) desiccated coconut
- 1 Tbsp caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 85g (3 oz) unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat an oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Lightly grease a pie tin.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. It should come together to be one ball of mixture.
- Press the almond flour pie crust mixture into the tin.
- Gently prick the pie crust.
- Lay some baking paper over the top and pour in some pie weights.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Use the almond pie crust as required.
- As I mentioned above, you can leave the caster sugar out if you want to use this crust for a savory dish.
- Coconut can be substituted with another ingredient if you’re not a fan of the taste of coconut. Something like cornstarch or flaxseed is the perfect substitute.
- If the pie mixture is looking too wet, then add a bit more almond flour. Be very careful as you don’t want to make it too dry.
- Almond flour is also known as ground almonds or almond meal. All of these ingredients will work in this recipe.
- Keep an eye on the pie when it is blind baking. Doing this will help make sure you avoid burning the pie crust.
- Caster sugar is also known as baker's sugar or superfine sugar. These sugars are ideal for baked goods.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!