Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Gluten-Free Almond Flour Pie Crust Recipe
- Prep time 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 15 Minutes
- Total time 25 Minutes
- Makes 1 Pie Crust
- 200g (7 oz) almond flour
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 Tbsp. caster sugar (superfine sugar)
- 1 egg
- 85g (3 oz) butter melted
- Preheat an oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Lightly grease a pie tin with butter or oil.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. It should come together in one ball of mixture.
- Press the almond flour pie crust mixture into the tin.
- Gently prick the pie crust.
- Lay some baking paper over the top and pour in some pie weights.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Use the almond pie crust as required.
- As I mentioned above, you can leave the caster sugar out if you want to use this crust for a savory dish.
- Coconut can be substituted with another ingredient if you’re not a fan of the taste of coconut. Something like cornstarch or flaxseed is the perfect substitute.
- If the pie mixture is looking too wet, then add a bit more almond flour. Be very careful as you don’t want to make it too dry.
- Keep an eye on the pie as it is blind baking. It will help make sure you avoid burning the pie crust.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!