Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Gluten-Free Apple Cake Recipe
- Prep time: 20 Minutes
- Cook time: 45 Minutes
- Total time: 1 Hour & 5 Minutes
- Serves: 8
- 125 g (4.4 oz) unsalted butter, chopped
- 125 g (4.4 oz) caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 300 g (10.6 oz) gluten-free self-rising flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- ½ tsp nutmeg, ground
- 1 apple, shredded
- 200 ml (6.8 fl oz) milk
- 1 apple, cored and sliced
- Preheat an oven to 180°C (360°F). Also, grease and line a 20cm (7.9 in) round cake tin.
- Place the butter, sugar, and vanilla into a bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until light and creamy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients, shredded apple, milk, and gently mix until combined.
- Spoon the cake batter into the prepared cake tin.
- Top the cake with the slices of apple.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes before placing the cake onto a wire rack. Allow to cool completely.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- If the cake is not cooked, but the top is starting to burn, then place a piece of foil over the top. The foil will allow the cake to continue to cook while preventing the top from burning.
- An electric mixer is recommended to produce the best results. Either a stand mixer or hand mixer will suffice.
- Sifting the dry ingredients is not compulsory but will help reduce the number of lumps and help make the cake fluffy.
- Caster sugar is also known as superfine sugar or baker’s sugar.
- Spread some butter over the apple slices to help prevent them from burning. I also like to sprinkle a little bit of sugar.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!