Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Gluten-Free Apple Crisp Recipe
- Prep time 20 Minutes
- Cook time: 30 Minutes
- Total time 50 Minutes
- Serves 4
- 6-8 apples, cut into chunks
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp water
- Preheat an oven to 180°C (350°F). Also, lightly grease an 8×8 baking dish.
- Add the chopped apples to a pot with the cinnamon, lemon, and the water.
- Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until the apples are tender.
- Meanwhile in a bowl, mix together the butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar, and gluten-free flour by using your fingertips.
- Work the mixture until it resembles large breadcrumbs. Lastly, gently rub in the cornflakes.
- Transfer the tender apple into the prepared baking dish.
- Top the apple with the crumble mix and place into the preheated oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the topping is golden brown.
- Serve & Enjoy
- While corn doesn’t contain any gluten, some brands of corn flakes do. If it’s not labeled as gluten-free, then it’s likely not. With that said, always double check the ingredients to be sure as I have found some brands are gluten-free even though it’s not advertised.
- You can swap the corn flakes out for some chopped nuts. Something like macadamias, almonds or even pecans would go well in the topping.
- If you love your desserts being on the sweet side, then try adding a sweetener to the apple mix. Something like maple syrup or sugar will do the trick. Personally, I wouldn’t add more than ½ a cup.
- You can also swap out the gluten free plain flour for something like almond meal. You will get a very similar topping, but it will be a bit nuttier. It just comes down to personal preference.
- You're able to use any apple in this recipe, but as I mentioned above if you want the best results, it's best to stick to something like Jonagold, or granny smith.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!