Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Gluten-Free Banana Bread Recipe
- Prep time 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 1 Hour
- Total time 1 Hour & 15 Minutes
- Serves 12
- 300g (10.5 oz) gluten-free self-rising flour
- 125g (4.4 oz) brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon, ground
- 250g (8.8 oz) mashed banana
- 150ml (5 fl oz) olive oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp honey
- Preheat an oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Grease and line a 11cm (4.3 in) x 20cm (7.9 in) loaf pan.
- Combine the gluten-free flour, brown sugar, cinnamon in a bowl.
- Beat together the banana, oil, eggs, and honey. Mix into the flour until well combined.
- Spoon the banana bread mixture into the loaf pan. Smooth the surface.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
- The honey can be left out if you don’t have any or don't want to add it. Alternatively, you can use regular sugar as a replacement.
- Overripe bananas are the best for this recipe as they mash easier and have a much stronger taste.
- Lining the loaf tin is crucial as it will prevent your gluten-free banana bread from sticking to the sides.
- If you feel like adding a few more flavors to the banana bread, then you can try adding some chocolate chips or walnuts. Both ingredients go excellent with bananas, so I highly recommend adding them if you want to experiment a little.
- If your banana bread starts to burn on the top, then cover with foil. This method will slow down the browning, allowing your bread to cook all the way through.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!