Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Gluten-Free Banana Bread Recipe
- Prep time 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 1 Hour
- Total time 1 Hour & 15 Minutes
- Serves 12
- 2 cups gluten-free self-rising flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp. cinnamon, ground
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- Preheat an oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Grease and line a 11cm (4.3 in) x 20cm (7.9 in) loaf pan.
- Combine the gluten-free flour, brown sugar, cinnamon in a bowl.
- Beat together the banana, oil, eggs, and honey. Mix into the flour until well combined.
- Spoon the banana bread mixture into the loaf pan. Smooth the surface.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
- The honey can be left out if you don’t have any.
- Overripe bananas are the best for this recipe as they mash easier and have a much stronger taste.
- Lining the loaf tin is crucial as it will prevent your gluten-free banana bread from sticking to the sides.
- If you feel like adding a few more flavors to the banana bread, then you can try adding some chocolate chips or walnuts. Both ingredients go excellent with bananas, so I highly recommend adding them if you want to experiment a little.
- If your banana bread starts to burn on the top cover with foil. This method will slow down the browning allowing your bread to cook all the way through.