This gluten-free banana bread cooks to be moist and packed full of that rich banana flavor. It has everything that you’re looking for in a loaf of good banana bread.
You will be glad to see that this recipe is quite easy to prepare quickly. It’s perfect if you just want a delicious snack sooner rather than later.
You can eat this bread for breakfast, dessert or even as a snack. You can eat it as is or you can toast it and have a little bit of butter spread over the top. Both are excellent and taste delicious.
If you want to take this banana bread to the next level, then caramelize some sliced bananas in a fry-pan with butter. Slice the banana bread and add the caramelized bananas on top of each piece. Drizzle some maple syrup or honey over the top to complete the dish.
This banana bread will keep fresh for a couple of days as long as you keep it in a sealed container or wrapped in some plastic wrap. After a couple of days, you might want to toast the bread before eating it. You can also freeze the bread if you know you’re not going to eat it all fast enough.
The full recipe to this delicious gluten-free banana bread can be found right below. If you need any help, then be sure to check out the cooking tips below the recipe.
Gluten-Free Banana Bread Recipe
1 Hour & 15 Minutes
- 2 cups gluten-free self-rising flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp. cinnamon, ground
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- Preheat an oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Grease and line a 11cm (4.3 in) x 20cm (7.9 in) loaf pan.
- Combine the gluten-free flour, brown sugar, cinnamon in a bowl.
- Beat together the banana, oil, eggs, and honey. Mix into the flour until well combined.
- Spoon the banana bread mixture into the loaf pan. Smooth the surface.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
- The honey can be left out if you don’t have any.
- Overripe bananas are the best for this recipe as they mash easier and have a much stronger taste.
- Lining the loaf tin is crucial as it will prevent your gluten-free banana bread from sticking to the sides.
- If you feel like adding a few more flavors to the banana bread, then you can try adding some chocolate chips or walnuts. Both ingredients go excellent with bananas, so I highly recommend adding them if you want to experiment a little.
- If your banana bread starts to burn on the top cover with foil. This method will slow down the browning allowing your bread to cook all the way through.
The nutritional information for this delicious gluten free banana bread can be found right below. If you make any alternations to the recipe, then you may want to recalculate the values below. Any good nutritional calculator should do the trick.
If you don’t need your banana bread gluten-free, then you should check out this other banana bread recipe. It’s super easy like this one but uses regular flour instead. Both loaves of bread are excellent.
I hope that this gluten-free banana bread recipe works out as well as it did for me. If you have some feedback, tips or anything else, then please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below.