Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Gluten-free Blueberry Muffins
- Prep time 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 20 Minutes
- Total time 35 Minutes
- Makes 10-12
- 340g (12 oz) gluten-free self-rising flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 130g (4.5 oz) brown sugar
- 250ml (8 fl oz) milk
- 125ml (4 fl oz) vegetable oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat an oven to 180°C (350°F). Also, grease a 12 cup muffin pan.
- Combine the self-rising flour, cinnamon, and brown sugar in a bowl.
- Make a well in the center, and add the milk, oil, and egg. Using a wooden spoon, gently stir until combined.
- Add the blueberries and gently fold through the muffin mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a cake skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the pan.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- Make sure you use a flavorless oil such as vegetable oil unless you don’t mind introducing new flavors. For example, coconut oil will add coconut flavors to your muffins.
- Try hard to not overmix the muffin batter; otherwise, the muffins can become chewy, tough, and not rise as well as they should. I recommend hand mixing rather than using an electric beater.
- You can use cupcake liners if you want to ensure that the muffins don’t stick to the tray.
- Frozen or fresh blueberries will work fine in this recipe. Alternatively, you can use dehydrated blueberries.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!