Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Gluten-Free Brownie Recipe
- Prep time 20 Minutes
- Cook time: 35 Minutes
- Total time 55 Minutes
- Serves 8
- 125g (4.4 oz) unsalted butter, chopped
- 150g (5.3 oz) baking chocolate, chopped
- 100g (3.5 oz) brown sugar
- 100g (3.5 oz) sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 150g (5.3 oz) almond flour
- 30g (1 oz) cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Grease and line a 20cm (8 inch) baking tin.
- Place a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. In the bowl, add the butter and chocolate. Cook until melted, stir constantly.
- Remove the chocolate mixture from the heat and quickly stir in the sugar, eggs, almond flour, cocoa powder, vanilla, and the salt. Stir until combined.
- Pour into the prepared baking tin.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a skewer comes out with moist crumbs.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Cut into squares.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- Almond flour can go by different names such as almond meal or ground almonds. Any of these will work fine with this recipe.
- Make sure you use unsweetened cocoa powder for the best results.
- If you think your brownies are starting to burn around the edges, cover them with foil.
- Lining your tin is very important as it helps prevent the brownie from sticking to the side.
- You can melt your chocolate and butter in the microwave instead of over the stove. Make sure you’re checking the mixture as chocolate will still burn quite easily.
- Ovens can vary quite heavily in cooking time, so you may need to cook the brownies for longer or shorter.
- Allow the chocolate brownies to cool before cutting; otherwise, they may fall to bits. They will firm after an hour or two of cooling.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!