Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Gluten-Free Chicken Nuggets Recipe
- Prep time 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 8 Minutes
- Total time 23 Minutes
- Serves 4
- In a bowl, combine the gluten-free plain flour, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Crack the egg into a separate bowl and beat slightly.
- Lastly, add the breadcrumbs into yet another bowl.
- One by one, coat the chicken in the following order. First, gluten-free plain flour mix, secondly; the beaten egg, and thirdly; the breadcrumbs. Repeat until you have coated all the chicken.
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer until it is 175°C (350°F).
- In batches, cook the chicken. Four minutes per side should be enough to cook the chicken and brown the crumb.
- Once cooked, transfer to a plate lined with some paper towel.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- You can bake these in the oven rather than deep-frying. Just preheat an oven to 180°C (350°F). Turn them halfway through cooking or use a wire rack. These techniques will ensure an evenly cooked chicken nugget.
- If you are unsure whether the chicken is cooked, either slice into one or use a meat thermometer to check the temperature. If you are using a meat thermometer, make sure the center of the chicken gets to 75°C (165°F).
- Try to cut the chicken into even pieces. Uneven pieces will all cook at different speeds, which may lead to some being overcooked while others are undercooked.
- If you love a thick coating on your nuggets, then simply repeat step four. This will add another layer of breadcrumbs on top of the current layer of breadcrumbs.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!