These gluten-free chicken nuggets are juicy on the inside and crisp on the outside. They’re so easy to make, and the best thing is that they’re entirely homemade.
The way you cook the nuggets is entirely up to you. I typically fry the chicken nuggets but sometimes baking them is a better alternative. I have left instructions in the cooking tips on how to bake these in the oven.
There are so many different dishes and sides that go great with chicken nuggets. If you want an accompanying sauce, then a nice ranch dressing or a gluten-free homemade mayonnaise is always good. A good side is some homemade chunky cut chips or even a refreshing salad.
One of the best things about making your own chicken nuggets is that you can change the recipe to your liking. If you love herbs, then you can add some oregano to the breadcrumbs. Shaved parmesan cheese is a perfect addition if you love cheese.
Leftover chicken nuggets can be kept in the fridge for a couple of days. You can reheat any leftovers and use them in something like a sandwich, or even a salad. The chicken nuggets will not be nearly as good reheated.
You can find the full recipe for these gluten-free chicken nuggets right below.
Gluten-Free Chicken Nuggets Recipe
- 2 chicken breasts cut into ~4 cm (1.5 inches) pieces
- ½ cup gluten-free plain flour
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- In a bowl, add the gluten-free plain flour, garlic powder, onion powder and mix.
- Crack the egg into a separate bowl and beat together.
- Lastly, add the breadcrumbs into yet another bowl.
- One by one, coat the chicken in the following order. First; gluten-free plain flour mix, secondly; the beaten egg, and thirdly; the breadcrumbs. Repeat until you have coated all of the chicken.
- Heat the oil in a deep-frying pan over high heat.
- In batches, cook the chicken. Four minutes per side should be enough to cook the chicken and brown the crumb.
- Once cooked, transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Serve & Enjoy
- You can bake these in the oven rather than pan frying. Just preheat an oven to 180°C (350°F). Turn them halfway through cooking or use a wire rack. These techniques will ensure an evenly cooked chicken nugget.
- If you’re unsure whether the chicken is cooked, then either slice into one or use a meat thermometer to check the temperature. If you’re using a meat thermometer, then make sure the center of the chicken gets to 75°C (165°F)
- Try to cut the chicken into even pieces. Uneven pieces will all cook differently which may lead to some being overcooked while others are undercooked.
- If you love a thick coating on your nuggets, then simply repeat step four. This will add another layer of breadcrumbs on top of the current layer of breadcrumbs.
If you need to know the nutritional information for these gluten-free chicken nuggets, then you can find all you need to know below.
It’s important to keep in mind that this information is calculated with an online tool, so it may not be one hundred percent correct.
If you’re not quite feeling like eating chicken nuggets, then a chicken peanut curry might take your fancy. It goes great with some freshly cooked white rice. Indeed, worth giving a try if you love a good curry.
I hope that this gluten-free chicken nuggets recipe has helped you make some succulent nuggets. If you have some feedback, variations or anything else, then please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below.