Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake Recipe
- Prep time: 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 30 Minutes
- Total time: 45 Minutes
- Serves: 8
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups gluten-free plain flour
- 2 tsp bicarb soda
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup caster sugar (superfine)
- 150 g (5.3 oz) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 2 bananas mashed
- 4 Tbsp raspberry jam
- Preheat an oven to 170°C (340°F).
- Line and grease two 23cm (9 in) round cake tins.
- Combine the vinegar and milk in a small bowl. It is normal for the mixture to curdle.
- Sift all the dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- Mix in the melted butter, and milk mixture. Mix gently until combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Split the cake mixture into the two cake tins. Smooth the tops.
- Bake in the oven for about 30-45 minutes.
- Allow the cakes to stand for 5 minutes before removing from the tins.
- Cool completely before adding any cream.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- You can swap the raspberry jam for a different jam. This alteration will result in a slightly different flavored cake. For example, a fig jam will leave you a chocolate fig cake. I have tried it, and it’s delicious.
- If you don’t mash the bananas enough, then you will have little lumps of banana in your cake. These lumps won’t negatively impact your cake at all and are quite normal.
- This cake is pretty amazing warm, so if you're not adding any cream to the cake, then you should give it a try while it is still warm.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!