Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Gluten-Free Chocolate Cheesecake
- Prep time: 2 Hours & 30 Minutes
- Total time: 2 Hours & 30 Minutes
- Serves: 8
- 150 g (5.3 oz) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 Tbsp caster sugar
- 1/2 cup gluten-free cornstarch
- 1/4 cup milk
- 250 g (8.8 oz) milk chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 & 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 500 g (1.1 lb) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 & 1/2 tsp gelatin, dissolved in 1/4 cup boiling water.
- Mix the butter, coconut, sugar, cornstarch, and milk in a bowl until well combined.
- Begin melting your chocolate either in the microwave or a double boiler, and you want this to be nice and melted before you get to step four.
- Softly whip the cream and put it to the side.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add both the dissolved gelatin and chocolate and mix until combined.
- Fold through the whipped cream into the filling.
- Pour the mixture evenly over the prepared base and chill for 2 hours or until the filling is set.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- Make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature before trying to make this dish as it can cause consistency issues such as lumps of plain cream cheese throughout your cake.
- You can use a combination of both milk and dark chocolate for a slightly different flavor. It will help take away a little bit of the sweetness.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!