Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Gluten-Free Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding Recipe
- Prep time: 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 45 Minutes
- Total time: 1 Hour
- Serves: 4
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup gluten-free self-rising flour
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder, unsweetened
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder, unsweetened (heaped)
- 1 & ½ cups boiling water
- Set an oven to 180°C (360°F), also grease a deep ovenproof dish.
- Cream together the butter, vanilla essence, and caster sugar until pale.
- Beat in the egg until well combined.
- Mix in the dry ingredients and the milk until well combined.
- In the deep oven dish, pour in the pudding mixture.
- Combine the brown sugar, cocoa and sprinkle over the pudding mix in the dish.
- Now, gently pour the boiling water over the top.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the pudding is cooked all the way through.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled if you need to feed quite a few people. However, I recommend that you split it across a couple of ovenproof dishes so that the puddings bake consistently.
- You can add some chocolate chips into the pudding mix, so you get even more gooey chocolate. I recommend using milk chocolate, but you can also use dark chocolate or white chocolate instead.
- Caster sugar is also known as superfine sugar or baker's sugar. It can be substituted with regular sugar if required.
- Having the butter and eggs at room temperature will make this dish easier to prepare. If they’re cold, then you might find they will not mix together very well. If your mix is a bit lumpy from the eggs and butter being too cold, then it should still be fine as you won’t notice this at the end of baking.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!