Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Gluten-Free Coconut Pie Crust Recipe
- Prep time: 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 15 Minutes
- Total time: 25 Minutes
- Makes: 1 Pie Crust
- Mix all the ingredients until well combined.
- Press into the required pie tin or cake tin. Aim to have the base about 1 centimeter or 0.3 inch thick.
- Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes, and it should harden considerably.
- If your filling is cold set, then you don’t need to do anything more other than to fill the crust with your filling.
Blind Baking (Optional)
- If you need to bake your pie, you might want to consider blind baking the crust.
- First, preheat an oven to 200°C (390°F).
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Use the coconut pie crust as required.
- After blind baking, excess butter might rise to the surface of the pie crust, you can use some paper towel to remove the excess before adding your filling.
- If the pie crust looks a bit wet, then don’t hesitate to add a bit more cornstarch and coconut to the mixture.
- Sugar can be added to the mixture if you’re looking to add a bit of sweetness to the crust. I recommend adding about one tablespoon, but more can be added if you have a bit of a sweet tooth.
- You could use a different type of milk if you wanted to. For example, almond milk or coconut milk will work nicely in this recipe. Whatever you choose will ultimately impact the flavor of the crust.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!