Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Curried Sausages Recipe
- Prep time: 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 20 Minutes
- Total time: 30 Minutes
- Serves: 6
- 8 thick beef sausages
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 20 g (0.7 oz) butter, unsalted
- 2 Tbsp ginger, grated
- 1 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 2 onions, diced
- 3 Tbsp yellow curry powder
- 1 Tbsp garam masala
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp gluten-free cornstarch
- 625 ml (21.1 fl oz) chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- In a frypan over high heat, heat the oil. Cook the sausages until browned on all sides. Once cooked, put to the side, and allow them to cool.
- Once the sausages are warm, cut into 2cm (0.8 in) pieces.
- In the frying pan, add and melt the butter. Next, add the ginger, garlic, and onion. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until the onion is translucent.
- Stir in the curry powder and garam masala. Cook for a minute or until fragrant.
- Next, add tomato paste and cook for another minute.
- Add the cornstarch, and slowly mix in.
- Gradually stir in the chicken stock.
- Bring it to a simmer. Add the sausages and bay leaves.
- Cook on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- Yellow or red curry powder will work just fine. I made use of the yellow curry powder, but red will work just as well.
- You can skip cutting the sausages and leave them whole. It will save you a little bit of time in the kitchen.
- Like most dishes, curried sausages can also be made in the slow cooker. The only change you will need to make to this recipe is to add the cornstarch at the end of cooking.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!