Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Gluten-Free Tuna Mornay Recipe
- Prep time: 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 30 Minutes
- Total time: 45 Minutes
- Serves: 6
- 60 g (2.1 oz) butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tsp garlic, crushed
- 3 Tbsp gluten-free cornstarch
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 425 g (15 oz) can tuna, drained
- 310 g (10.9 oz) can corn kernels, drained
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 2 Tbsp fruit chutney
- 1 cup gluten-free cornflakes, slightly crushed
- 2 Tbsp parmesan cheese
- 40 g (1.4 oz) melted butter
- Preheat an oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In a pan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the onion, garlic and cook until onion is translucent.
- Add the cornstarch and a pinch of salt & pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Lower the heat, add the milk and mustard.
- Bring to a simmer and stir constantly until thickened.
- Stir in the tuna, corn, lemon juice and cheese.
- Place in a greased ovenproof casserole dish.
- Prepare the topping by mixing the melted butter, cornflakes and Parmesan cheese.
- Dollop the fruit chutney across the top of the mornay. Lastly, sprinkle the topping over the top.
- Place into the preheated oven and cook until the topping is lightly browned. Roughly 15 minutes.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- If you find the sauce has thickened up too much, then you can simply mix in some more milk. However, you may find the mornay will become runny after baking in the oven.
- The topping is optional but does add an extra level to the dish, and I would recommend doing it. You can skip the baking if you don’t add the topping.
- You can use either fresh or dried Parmesan for the topping.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!