Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Hasselback Potatoes Recipe
- Prep time 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 40 Minutes
- Total time 55 Minutes
- Serves 4
- 1kg (2.2 lb) potatoes, cut in half
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp rosemary, dried
- 1 tsp thyme, dried
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Preheat an oven to 200°C (390°F).
- Lightly grease a baking tray with oil.
- In a bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic, rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- On a chopping board, place two chopsticks with enough room for a potato between them.
- Place a potato half cut side down between the chopsticks.
- Cut the potato thinly, roughly 2mm or 1/8 inch gap between slices. The chopsticks will stop you from cutting too far. Repeat until all the potatoes are cut.
- Place the potatoes on the baking tray with the flat side facing down.
- Using a pastry brush, coat each potato in our oil mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- Fresh or dried herbs will work fine for this recipe. If you are using fresh herbs, you may want to double the quantities used.
- More spices can be added to the seasoning mixture.
- The potatoes can be boiled beforehand to ensure that they are deliciously fluffy on the inside. It is also great for reducing the time you need them baking in the oven.
- You can prepare the potatoes the night before but keep them in a pot of water to prevent them from browning.
- Wooden spoons are great alternatives to chopsticks.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!