Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Hibiscus Tea Recipe
- Prep time: 5 Minutes
- Cook time: 15 Minutes
- Total time: 20 Minutes
- Serves: 4
- Add the water and sugar to a pot and bring to a light boil.
- Stir until the sugar is dissolved and then turn off the heat.
- Add the hibiscus flowers, ginger, and cinnamon stick. Cover and steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain into a large jug.
- Allow to cool.
- Enjoy with ice and either some slices of orange or lime.
- Adding some fresh lime juice will add a bit more flavor to this delicious Agua de Jamaica drink.
- You can substitute the sugar with a different sweetener. For example, you might prefer putting honey in rather than sugar.
- If you’re making this drink and don’t have time to cool it down in the refrigerator, then you can reduce the amount of water by about half a cup. Next, use some ice to cool it right down. This method will produce a drinkable chilled tea in no time at all.
- You can add other aromatics into the steeping process, for example, star anise, cardamom pods, orange peel, or even lemongrass. Keep in mind these ingredients can change the outcome of the hibiscus tea by quite a bit.
- If you don’t like ginger, just leave it out. You can also leave the sugar out if you don’t mind it not being sweet.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!