Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Instant Pot Beef Rogan Josh Recipe
- Prep time: 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 30 Minutes
- Total time: 40 Minutes
- Serves: 6
- 1 oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 kg (2.2 lb) chuck beef, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 400 g (14.1 oz) diced tomatoes
- ~150 g (5.3 oz) Rogan Josh curry paste
- ½ cup plain yogurt or Greek yogurt
Homemade Curry Paste (Optional)
- 1 Tbsp ginger, crushed
- 1 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp coriander, ground
- 2 tsp cumin, ground
- 2 tsp cardamom, ground
- 1/2 tsp cloves, ground
- 1 tsp turmeric, ground
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Set the Instant Pot to sauté and add the oil and onion. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until softened.
- Add the beef and cook until slightly browned.
- Add the Rogan Josh curry paste and cook until fragrant.
- Add the diced tomatoes and place the lid onto the Instant Pot.
- Set the Instant pot to low pressure and cook for 15 minutes.
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes before manually releasing the pressure.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Optional, stir in the yogurt. (Read recipe tips)
- Serve & Enjoy.
- You can thicken the sauce by combining two tablespoons of cornstarch and water until they form a paste. Stir the paste into the curry sauce after step six and cook on sauté for five minutes.
- The yogurt may split when you stir it into the curry sauce. You can avoid this by heating the yogurt slightly. Another option is to mix it with some cornstarch before mixing it into the curry.
- Either homemade or store-bought curry pastes are excellent options. If you want to make this recipe as easy as possible, then I recommend sticking to store-bought paste.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!