Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Instant Pot Korean Beef Recipe
- Prep time: 20 Minutes
- Cook time: 40 Minutes
- Total time: 1 Hour
- Serves: 6
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 kg (2.2 lb) chuck beef, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 tsp garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 125 ml (4.2 fl oz) soy sauce
- 125 ml (4.2 fl oz) beef stock
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ tsp red chili flakes
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp water
- Set the Instant Pot (5.7L/6 qt) to sauté and add the sesame oil.
- Add the beef and cook until slightly browned.
- Next add the onion, garlic, and ginger. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Switch the Instant Pot off.
- Now, add the rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, beef stock, pepper, brown sugar, and chili flakes. Stir slightly.
- Seal the pressure cooker and set to pressure cook for 15 minutes.
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes before manually releasing the pressure.
- Remove the lid and set the Instant Pot to sauté.
- Combine the cornstarch and water until smooth. Pour into the Instant Pot and stir until thickened.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- The brown sugar can be replaced with honey.
- You may want to skim any excess oil from the top of the sauce before completing step eight. I find it delicious either way.
- Use a cheap cut of beef for the best results.
- The chili flakes can be removed if you do not like spicy food.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!