Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Instant Pot Mongolian Beef Recipe
- Prep time: 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 30 Minutes
- Total time: 45 Minutes
- Serves: 4
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil
- 500 g (1.1 lb) chuck beef, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 tsp garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- 4 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 250 ml (8.5 fl oz) beef stock
- 50 g (1.8 oz) brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp water
- Set the Instant Pot (5.7L/6 qt) to sauté and add the cooking oil.
- Add the carrots and cook for roughly three minutes.
- Now, add the beef, and cook until the beef is slightly browned.
- Next, add the garlic, ginger, and chili flakes. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Switch the Instant Pot off.
- Add the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, beef stock, and brown sugar.
- Seal the pressure cooker and set to cook on high pressure for 15 minutes.
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes before manually releasing the pressure.
- Remove the lid and set the Instant Pot to sauté.
- Combine the cornstarch and water until smooth. Pour into the Instant Pot and stir until thickened.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- To ensure that this recipe is gluten-free, double-check the ingredients on the soy sauce and hoisin sauce. Both these sauces have gluten and gluten-free varieties available.
- I recommend using a cheap cut of beef. It is a great way to save a bit of money and still have a delicious tasting dish.
- The chili flakes are optional and can be left out if you do not want the dish to have a hint of heat.
- Soy sauce can vary heavily in terms of saltiness from brand to band. If you are worried about the dish becoming too salty, swap the soy sauce for a low sodium alternative.
- You can increase the quantity of brown sugar if you want the dish to be sweeter. Personally, I will not go above 100 g (3.5 oz).
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!