Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Instant Pot Pulled Pork Recipe
- Prep time: 20 Minutes
- Cook time: 1 Hour
- Total time: 1 Hour & 20 Minutes
- Serves: 6
- 1 kg (2.2 lb) pork shoulder, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 250 ml (8.5 fl oz) chicken stock
- 60 ml (2 fl oz) apple cider vinegar
- In a bowl, combine the onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, pepper, and brown sugar.
- Coat the pork shoulder with the seasoning mixture.
- Set the Instant Pot to the sauté setting and add 1 Tbsp of cooking oil.
- Add the pork and cook until browned. Roughly 4 minutes.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, chicken stock and apple cider vinegar. Use a wooden spoon to stir while scraping the bottom of the pot.
- Seal the pressure cooker and set it on high pressure for 40 minutes.
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes before manually releasing the pressure.
- Remove the pork from the Instant Pot and use two forks to shred.
- Serve with the juices from the pressure cooker or mix in one cup of your favorite BBQ sauce.
- For the best results, I recommend cutting the pork into four to eight even sizes. The smaller cuts will ensure the pork cooks correctly.
- Even though I recommend BBQ sauce, there are plenty of other sauces that will work great with pork.
- After cooking, the pork should pull apart easily. If it does not, then the meat will need to be cooked for longer.
- To ensure that this recipe is gluten-free, double-check the Worcestershire sauce does not contain gluten as some brands do add it.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!