Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Instant Pot Rice Pudding Recipe
- Prep time 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 30 Minutes
- Total time 40 Minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 cup Arborio rice, rinsed
- 4 cups milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 40g (1.4 oz) unsalted butter
- Place the rice, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla into the Instant Pot. Stir to mix everything together.
- Seal the pressure cooker and set it to pressure cook on high for 15 minutes.
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes before manually releasing the pressure.
- Remove the cinnamon stick.
- Mix the butter into the pudding.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- You can use most types of rice and still get a great result. Short grain rice such as Arborio will work best. However, medium-grain and long-grain rice will both work fine.
- Make sure your Instant Pot or pressure cooker can hold at least 6 quart/6 liters.
- The instructions may vary slightly depending on the type of pressure cooker you are using.
- Rinsing the rice removes excess starch and may help improve the final dish.
- When you release the pressure, a small amount of milk might be released through the relief valve. If you do not want to make a mess, you can wait a further ten minutes for the pressure to subside.
- The pudding might appear runny at first but will thicken quite quickly after you add the butter. To thicken it even more, simply switch the pressure cooker to sauté and cook for five minutes.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!