Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Instant Pot Sausage and Potatoes Recipe
- Prep time: 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 20 Minutes
- Total time: 35 Minutes
- Serves: 6
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 500 g (1.1 lb) smoked sausage, cut into 1cm (0.4 in) pieces
- 500 g (1.1 lb) potatoes, cut in chunks
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 250 ml (8.5 fl oz) chicken stock
- 2 tsp parsley, chopped
- 250 ml (8.5 fl oz) heavy cream
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp water
- Set the Instant Pot (5.7L/6 qt) to sauté and add the cooking oil.
- Once hot, add the onion, garlic, and sliced sausage. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Next, add the potatoes, Dijon mustard, chicken stock, and parsley.
- Seal the pressure cooker and set it to pressure cook on high for 10 minutes.
- Allow to sit for 5 minutes before manually releasing the pressure.
- Remove the lid and set the Instant Pot to sauté.
- Combine the cornstarch and water until smooth. Pour into the Instant Pot along with the cream and stir until thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- This recipe is gluten-free, but you will need to double-check the ingredients of the cornstarch. Typically, it is gluten-free.
- I prefer to use a smoked sausage such as kielbasa or chorizo. However, Italian sausages will work great as well. I recommend browning the Italian sausages first.
- You can use any potato in this casserole, and it will work out fine.
- Depending on where you live, heavy cream can also be known as thickened cream (Australia) or whipping cream (United Kingdom).
- You can use herbs to add more flavor to the casserole. We use a little bit of parsley, but you can add herbs such as oregano, rosemary, or even thyme.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!