Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Mongolian Beef Recipe
- Prep time: 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 30 Minutes
- Total time: 45 Minutes
- Serves: 4
- 500 g (1.1 lb) beef, sliced
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 125 ml (4.2 fl oz) cooking oil
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tsp garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¾ cup beef stock
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp water
- Coat the beef in the cornstarch, salt, and pepper.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, add the oil.
- Once the oil is hot, cook the beef in batches until crispy. Once cooked, place the beef on a plate lined with paper towel.
- In a clean frying pan, add 1 Tbsp oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the garlic and ginger and cook for a minute.
- Now, add the red chili flakes, soy sauce, beef stock, brown sugar, and hoisin sauce. Heat until boiling.
- Mix the cornstarch and water until it is like a paste. Stir into the sauce and allow to thicken.
- Add the beef into the frying pan and cook until hot.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- The red chili flakes add quite a bit of spice to the sauce, so if you do not like spicy food, I recommend leaving the flakes out entirely.
- More vegetables can be added in with the Mongolian sauce and beef. For example, some sliced onions, bell peppers, or even green beans will work very nicely with the rest of the flavors.
- The hoisin sauce is optional, but I believe it adds loads more flavor to the sauce.
- To ensure that this recipe is gluten-free, double check the ingredients for the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, and cornstarch.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!