Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Paleo Apple Muffin Recipe
- Prep time: 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 25 Minutes
- Total time: 35 Minutes
- Serves: 6
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 Tbsp coconut milk
- 1 ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup tapioca starch
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon, ground
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 apple, cored and diced
- First, preheat an oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In a bowl, beat together the honey, coconut oil, eggs, and coconut milk.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Fold in the diced apple.
- Evenly divide the paleo apple muffin mixture into a greased muffin tin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes before emptying onto a cooling rack.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- If you’re finding the apple a bit too hard in the baked muffins, then you can cook the apple before putting it into the muffin mix. I recommend dicing the apple and either precook it in the oven or in a pot over the stove.
- I have always found the apple comes out soft so you shouldn’t need to precook it. I believe the trick is to make sure you cut it as small as possible.
- This recipe uses tapioca starch, which is considered paleo-friendly. However, it is also recommended not to go overboard with eating tapioca starch.
- I use either an olive oil spray or a coconut oil spray to grease my muffin trays.
- If you don’t like apple skin, then you can peel it off. Otherwise, I would just leave it on. There are not many fruit and vegetables that I would peel.
- Almond flour is also known as almond meal or ground almonds.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!