Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Baked Apples Recipe
- Prep time: 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 20 Minutes
- Total time: 35 Minutes
- Serves: 2
- 2 apples, cored
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg, ground
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup dates, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a bowl, combine the honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, walnuts, and dates.
- Place the apples in a small baking dish.
- Fill the cored out apples with the walnut mix.
- Slightly prick the outside of the apple with a skewer.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the apples are soft.
- Serve with a drizzle of honey and some chopped walnuts.
- Pricking the outside of the apple will help stop them from exploding and becoming a very unappetizing mess.
- Try to pack the center of the apples as much as possible, as this will help stop the filling from falling out the bottom.
- This dish only serves two people but can be easily doubled or tripled to feed more people.
- Even though honey is paleo-friendly, it is usually best to avoid adding too much, especially if you are looking to lose weight on the paleo diet.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!