Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Paleo Breakfast Bars Recipe
- Prep time: 30 Minutes
- Cook time: 30 Minutes
- Total time: 1 Hour
- Serves: 12
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup honey
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- Preheat an oven to 275°F (160°C). Also grease and line a ~27×17.5 cm (10.5×7 in) slice tin.
- First, add the dates to a blender and blitz until it starts become paste-like.
- Place the nuts, pumpkin seeds and dates into the blender. Blend slightly until the nuts are in roughly small to medium-sized pieces.
- Now in a small pot over medium heat, add the honey, coconut oil, and salt.
- In a bowl, combine the nut & date mix with the honey mix. Also, add the cinnamon and shredded coconut.
- Once well combined, spread into the prepared slice tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Allow to cool before cutting into bars.
- It’s very important to make sure the oven is not too hot as both honey and nuts can burn quite easily. If you do notice that it is starting to burn, then immediately remove the tray from the oven.
- The dates, honey, and coconut oil are hugely important in this recipe as they help the bar stick together and not fall apart. Try not to be tempted to remove these ingredients.
- If you’re having trouble cutting the bars, then try heating your knife up. Make sure you dry the knife before you go to cut.
- Try to store these in a cool area as they will start to become sticky in hot weather.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!