Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Paleo Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- Prep time: 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 40 Minutes
- Total time: 55 Minutes
- Serves: 4
- 8 eggs
- 330 ml (11.2 fl oz) coconut cream
- 500 g (1.1 lb) bacon, diced
- 2 sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- First, preheat an oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Lightly grease a deep 8×8 ovenproof dish.
- In a fry-pan over medium heat, add the bacon. Cook until it starts to go crisp.
- Add the sweet potatoes and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the onion, red bell pepper, and garlic.
- Cook for a further 5-10 minutes, making sure the sweet potato is slightly cooked. A knife should easily stick into the sweet potato, but it shouldn't mash.
- In the greased casserole dish, add the vegetable and bacon mix.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and coconut cream. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mix over the vegetable and bacon mix.
- Place the casserole in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the egg is thoroughly cooked.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- You can also do this casserole in a slow cooker or crock pot rather than the oven. I would recommend cooking for about four hours on low.
- Make sure you cook the sweet potato enough; otherwise, you may end up with hard sweet potato throughout your casserole.
- You're able to swap the coconut cream for coconut milk if you want to be a bit healthier. However, the egg mix won’t be as rich and creamy.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!