Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Paleo Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- Prep time 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 40 Minutes
- Total time 55 Minutes
- Serves 3-8
- First, preheat an oven to 180°C/350°F
- In a fry-pan over medium heat, add the bacon. Cook until it starts to crisp up.
- Add the sweet potatoes and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the onion, red bell pepper, and garlic. Cook for a further 5-10 minutes, making sure the sweet potato is slightly cooked (A knife sticks into it easily but doesn’t mash).
- In a greased casserole dish, add the vegetable and bacon mix.
- In a bowl, beat together the eggs and coconut cream.
- Pour the egg mix over the vegetable & bacon mix.
- Place the casserole in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the egg is thoroughly cooked.
- Serve & Enjoy
- You can also do this casserole in a slow cooker or crock pot rather than the oven. I would recommend cooking for about 4 hours on low.
- The bacon can be replaced with something like pork mince or even sliced sausages. If you’re vegetarian or just feeling like a meatless dish, then something like chickpeas is also a great replacement. You will need to use an oil such as coconut oil to fry in since you won’t have the fat from the bacon.
- You can swap the coconut cream out for coconut milk if you want to be a bit healthier. However, the egg mix won’t be as rich and creamy.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!