Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Paleo Brownies Recipe
- Prep time: 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 30 Minutes
- Total time: 45 Minutes
- Makes: 20
- 1 sweet potato (Approx. 2-3 cups when grated)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1/3 cup honey
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup almond flour
- Preheat an oven to 180 °C (360 °F).
- Line a deep baking tray (27×23 cm/10×9 in) with baking paper.
- Combine the grated sweet potato, eggs, vanilla, honey, and coconut oil in a large mixing bowl.
- Add cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and, mix well.
- Lastly, mix in the almond flour.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking tray.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cooked and a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before turning out on a cooling rack.
- Once cooled, cut into squares.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- If you are not a fan of almond flour or do not have any lying around, you can swap it for coconut flour. I would use about two and a half tablespoons of coconut flour as a replacement.
- Baking powder is not precisely paleo-friendly, but the amount we need is minimal. You can attempt to make the paleo brownies without this, but I would not recommend it.
- Depending on where you live in the world, sweet potato can also be referred to as kumara.
- These brownies are probably on the verge of not being sweet enough. If you love your brownies sweet, then I recommend increasing the amount of honey you use. Just keep in mind that even though honey is paleo-friendly, it is still recommended you do not go overboard with it.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!