Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Paleo Brownies Recipe
- Prep time 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 30 Minutes
- Total time 45 Minutes
- Makes 20
- 1 sweet Potato (Approx. 2-3 cups when grated)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- ½ cup raw cacao powder, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup almond flour
- Preheat an oven to 180 °C (360 °F).
- Line a deep baking tray (27×23 cm/10×9 in) with baking paper.
- Combine the grated sweet potato, eggs, vanilla, honey & coconut oil in a large mixing bowl.
- Add cacao powder, baking powder, baking soda and mix well.
- Lastly, mix in the almond flour.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking tray.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cooked (Skewer comes out clean).
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before turning out on a cooling rack.
- Once cooled, cut into squares.
- Serve & Enjoy
- If you’re not a fan of almond flour or don’t have any lying around, then you can swap this out for coconut flour instead. I would use about 2 ½ Tbsp. of coconut flour as a replacement.
- Baking powder isn’t exactly paleo friendly, but the amount we need is minimal. You can attempt to make the paleo brownies without this, but I wouldn’t recommend it.
- Depending on where you live in the world sweet potato can also be referred to as kumara.
- These brownies are probably on the verge of not being sweet enough so if you love your brownies sweet then I recommend increasing the amount of honey you use. Just keep in mind that even though honey is paleo friendly, it's still recommended you don’t overeat it.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!