Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Paleo Chicken Cacciatore Recipe
- Prep time: 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 40 Minutes
- Total time: 50 Minutes
- Serves: 4
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 5 mushrooms, chopped
- 400 g (14.1 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp capers
- 1 Tbsp basil, chopped
- 1 Tbsp oregano
- In a frying pan over high heat, add the coconut oil.
- Add the chicken and cook on each side for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and allow to rest.
- Add the onions, garlic, bell pepper, mushrooms, and cook for about 5 minutes or until the onion is soft.
- Add the chicken, diced tomatoes, chicken stock, capers, and herbs.
- Cover and allow to simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Season to taste.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- If you want a thicker sauce, you can cook it for ten minutes longer. However, make sure you remove the lid from the saucepan for the extended time. This method will allow the sauce to reduce and thicken up a bit.
- Paleo Chicken Cacciatore doesn’t vary too much from the traditional recipes. Omitting the alcohol and flour found in traditional recipes doesn’t alter the flavor very much, so you will hardly notice the difference.
- The only difference between this recipe and a chicken cacciatore slow cooker recipe is the cooking time. Simply transfer everything after step five into a slow cooker and cook for three to six hours. Alternatively, you can throw everything straight into the slow cooker and turn on and cook for eight hours.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!