Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Chicken Korma Curry Recipe
- Prep time: 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 20 Minutes
- Total time: 35 Minutes
- Serves: 4
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp ginger, crushed
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- ½ Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 500 g (1.1 lb) chicken breasts, cubed
- ¼ cup ground almonds
- 400 ml (13.5 fl oz) coconut cream
- 125 ml (4.2 fl oz) chicken Stock
Dried Spice Mixture
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp turmeric, ground
- 2 tsp cumin, ground
- 2 tsp coriander seeds, ground
- In a frying pan over high heat, add the coconut oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the dried spice mixture, onion, ginger, garlic, chili, tomato paste, and cook until fragrant.
- Add the chicken and cook until browned.
- Next, add the ground almonds, coconut cream, and chicken stock.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Season to taste using salt and pepper.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- If you find yourself liking this chicken korma recipe, then I recommend making the dry spice mix in bulk. That way you can quickly measure (2 Tbsp) what you need for this recipe.
- You can also do this chicken korma recipe in the slow cooker with very few alterations. I do recommend reducing the amount of chicken stock unless you want a soup-like curry.
- If you love your curries hot, then try increasing the chili to one tablespoon or more. I found one tablespoon was enough to set my mouth on fire, but this still might not be enough for some people.
- You can use any cut of chicken for this dish, but I would stick to something like chicken breast or thigh.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!