Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Almond Crusted Chicken Nuggets Recipe
- Prep time: 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 15 Minutes
- Total time: 30 Minutes
- Serves: 4
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized chunks
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp paprika
- ½ cup coconut oil
- In a bowl, beat together the two eggs.
- Mix together the coconut flour and a pinch of salt and pepper in a clean bowl.
- Lastly, add the almond flour and paprika into yet another bowl.
- Dip the chicken in the following order, coconut flour, egg, and lastly, in the almond flour. Make sure you coat it well at each stage.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, add the coconut oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the chicken. Cook on all sides until golden brown and the chicken is cooked.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- These nuggets can also be oven-baked which is perfect if you are looking to avoid using too much oil. Simply bake in a preheated oven set to 200°C (395°F).
- You can add different seasonings to the almond mix for a different flavor crumbing. Experimenting is the best way to come up with a combo that you enjoy.
- If you are ever worried about under-cooking chicken, then a meat thermometer always comes in handy. Once the internal temperature passes 75°C (165°F), it should be safe to eat.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!