Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Paleo Chicken Piccata Recipe
- Prep time: 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 20 Minutes
- Total time: 30 Minutes
- Serves: 1
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 chicken breast, butterflied
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tsp garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup capers
- In a bowl, crack the eggs and beat until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, place the almond flour.
- One by one, place the butterflied chicken breasts into the egg and then coat them with the almond flour. Once done, place to the side.
- In a pan over medium heat, add the coconut oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the coated chicken breasts and cook on each side for about 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the chicken and place it to the side.
- Now in the pan, add the onion, garlic, and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, chicken stock, parsley, capers and bring to the boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the pan and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Serve & Enjoy.
- If you don’t know how to butterfly a chicken breast, then just ask your butcher. Most butchers will be glad to do this for you.
- Instead of coconut oil, you can use a different paleo-friendly fat. Make sure the oil that you use can be heated to high temperatures.
- Almond flour in some countries is called almond meal or ground almonds. They're all usually the same product.
- If you don’t have any chicken stock for this dish, then you can replace it with a different stock. You can replace it with just plain water, but you might not get as much flavor as you would if you were to use stock or broth.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!