Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Easy Chicken Skillet Recipe
- Prep time: 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 20 Minutes
- Total time: 30 Minutes
- Serves: 6
- 4 chicken thighs, chopped
- 4 rashers of bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tsp garlic, crushed
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 250 g (8.8 oz) button mushrooms, sliced
- 400 ml (13.5 fl oz) coconut cream
- 2 cups fresh kale, shredded with stems removed
- In a skillet pan over high heat, fry the bacon until it’s almost crispy.
- Add the chicken and cook until browned. Once browned, place the chicken, and bacon to the side.
- Add the onion, garlic, mushrooms, and the red bell pepper. Cook until the onion is translucent.
- Add the coconut cream, return the chicken, and bacon. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the kale and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- If you don’t have any kale, then this can be replaced with baby spinach or just left out altogether.
- You can swap the chicken thigh for chicken breast, or as I mentioned above, leftover chicken.
- The bacon can be swapped out for something like prosciutto or even ham.
- I made use of some simple button mushrooms, but basically, any type of mushroom would work well. Portobello, shiitake, or a mixture of both would all work well in this dish.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!