Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Paleo Chili Con Carne Recipe
- Prep time: 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 45 Minutes
- Total time: 1 Hour
- Serves: 4
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, large dice
- 1 Tbsp red chilies, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500 g (1.1 lb) ground beef
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 800 g (1.8 lb) diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp marjoram
- In a pot over medium heat, add the coconut oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the onion, carrot, red chilies, red bell pepper, and the crushed garlic.
- Cook until the onion is translucent, roughly 3-5 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and cook until browned.
- Add the tomato paste, diced tomatoes, cumin, paprika, marjoram, and stir to combine.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 30-45 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- It’s important to remember that beans such as kidney beans are legumes and are considered not paleo-friendly. To replace the beans, I used large diced carrots, but you can use anything you like or simply not replace them at all.
- The longer the cooking time, the better the flavors will be. I sometimes make chili in a slow cooker as the flavors are so much better.
- You can drain some of the excess oils and fluids after step four. It will help make the chili con carne a little healthier and less greasy.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!