Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Paleo Custard Recipe
- Prep time 5 Minutes
- Cook time: 10 Minutes
- Total time 15 Minutes
- Serves 2
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 eggs (At room temperature)
- ¼ tsp vanilla bean
- ¼ tsp cinnamon, ground
- Mixed berries to serve
- Pour the coconut milk into a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Whisk in the eggs, coconut oil, vanilla, cinnamon to the pan and then remove from heat.
- Continue to whisk for 4-5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Place into your serving dishes and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- You need to be careful not to overcook the eggs; otherwise, it will go lumpy. The best way to stop it overcooking is to remove it from the heat and let the residual heat cook the custard. If the custard doesn't appear to be thickening, then return to the stove for a few seconds at a time.
- Feel free to experiment with the spices a bit. Adding spices such as cardamom, nutmeg, or even turmeric can transform this recipe into something entirely different.
- If you like chia, then try adding about 1/3 cup to this paleo custard recipe.
- If you’re like me, then you probably use vanilla essence all the time. I finally started to use pure vanilla beans after a suggestion by a friend, and I am amazed by the difference. One of the cons to using vanilla beans is the cost. If you’re looking for a decently priced vanilla beans, you can find vanilla beans here.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!