Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Paleo Fried Chicken Recipe
- Prep time 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 20 Minutes
- Total time 30 Minutes
- Serves 2
- 250g (9 oz) chicken breasts
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Coconut oil or another paleo-friendly oil
- First, cut the chicken into smaller pieces. (2cm/0.8in slices)
- Crack the eggs into a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the almond flour, thyme, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Dip the chicken into the bowl of egg and then into the bowl of the almond flour mix.
- Repeat until all the pieces of chicken are coated.
- In a pan over medium heat, add enough coconut oil so that it will reach half the height of the chicken.
- Once the oil has heated to 350°F (175°C) , add the coated chicken.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes on each side.
- Once golden brown and the chicken is cooked all the way through, remove from the pan.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- If you find the coating of the chicken is starting to brown too fast and burn, then turn down the heat of the pan.
- You may find that the crumb will start to fall off if you move the chicken pieces too much. The best method is to wait until one side is golden brown before flipping to the other side.
- To check that the chicken is cooked correctly either cut into one or use a meat thermometer. The internal temperature should be 75°C (165°F), and the meat should also be white.
- If you like coconut, then I recommend adding some shredded coconut to the dry crumb mix.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!