Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Almond Crusted Chicken Recipe
- Prep time: 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 20 Minutes
- Total time: 30 Minutes
- Serves: 2
- 250 g (8.8 oz) chicken breasts
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Coconut oil or a different cooking oil
- First, cut the chicken into smaller pieces. (2cm/0.8in slices)
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk to combine.
- In another bowl, mix the almond flour, thyme, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Dip the chicken into the bowl of eggs and then into the bowl of the almond flour mix.
- Repeat until all the pieces of chicken are coated.
- In a large skillet pan over medium heat, add enough coconut oil to reach half the height of the chicken.
- Once the oil has heated to 350°F (175°C), add the coated chicken.
- Fry for 5-10 minutes on each side.
- Once golden brown and the chicken is cooked through, remove it from the pan.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- If you find the chicken coating is starting to brown too fast and burn, turn down the heat of the pan.
- You may find that the crumb will start to fall off if you move the chicken pieces too much. The best method is to wait until one side is golden brown before flipping to the other side.
- To check that the chicken is cooked correctly, cut into one or use a meat thermometer. The internal temperature should be 75°C (165°F), and the meat should also be white.
- I recommend adding some shredded coconut to the dry crumb mix, if you like coconut.
- Almond flour is also known as ground almonds or almond meal.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!