Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Paleo Frittata Recipe
- Prep time: 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 45 Minutes
- Total time: 1 Hour
- Serves: 4
- 5 slices bacon, cut into 1 cm (0.4 in) pieces.
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 4 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 handful of baby spinach
- 10 eggs, beaten
- 5 cherry tomatoes, chopped in half
- 1 tsp chives, chopped
- First, preheat an oven to about 180°C (350°F).
- In a skillet over medium heat, add the bacon and cook until it starts to crisp.
- Add the red onion, mushrooms, and cook until the onion is translucent.
- Add the spinach, and mix through.
- Pour in the egg mixture and cook slightly. Once set around the edges, remove from the heat.
- Sprinkle the chopped chives and cherry tomatoes over the top.
- Season slightly with salt and pepper.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 15-30 minutes or until the middle of the frittata has set.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- If you prefer the bacon to not be crispy, then add the onion at the same time as the bacon. Simply cook until the onion is translucent.
- Try not to leave the frittata on the stove for too long as this may result in the bottom burning.
- Make sure you use an oven-proof skillet pan. Putting a pan with a plastic handle in the oven will result in a very ugly mess.
- The bacon can be replaced with your favorite sausage instead. I tend to remove the sausage casing and cook it the same as I would the bacon.
- You can leave the mushrooms out if you are not a fan of them. The red onion can also be substituted with a yellow onion. However, I would recommend keeping the rest of the ingredients the same.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!