Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Paleo Gravy Recipe
- Prep time 5 Minutes
- Cook time: 10 Minutes
- Total time 15 Minutes
- Serves 2
- 1 Tbsp lard
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- ½ cup chicken stock
- In a small pot over medium heat, add the lard.
- Add the onion, garlic, and cook until the onion is translucent.
- Add the tomato paste and chicken stock.
- Now bring to the boil and simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Using a blender, blend until smooth.
- Return to the stove and cook until thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- When you go to cook a roast, I would personally wait until the roast has finished cooking before making this gravy. So that way, you can use all the fats and liquid that the roast has produced in the gravy.
- The lard can be swapped for dripping, ghee, or bacon fat. Pick whatever you like the most.
- If you’re struggling to thicken up the gravy, then you can use some tapioca flour. Before you add it to the liquid, mix it with a little bit of water. This method will form a paste and will mix in a lot easier and help prevent any annoying lumps from forming.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!