Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Paleo Mayonnaise Recipe
- Prep time: 10 Minutes
- Total time: 10 Minutes
- Makes: 1 & 1/2 Cups
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ¾ cup light tasting olive oil
- ¼ cup coconut oil, softened
- Place the egg yolks, mustard and lemon juice into the food processor.
- Turn on the food processor and start to add the oils slowly. Be careful not to add too much oil too fast; otherwise, the mix will split.
- As you add more and more of the oil, it should start to thicken. Once it is starting to go thick, you can pour a little faster.
- Once you have finished adding the oil, season with salt and pepper.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- As this is a raw egg product, I highly recommend not keeping this paleo mayonnaise past three days. Also, make sure you cover and place this in the fridge whenever you’re not using it.
- If you’re not a fan of coconut, you can always try replacing it with another paleo-friendly fat or oil. A favorite variation is using bacon fat instead of the coconut oil.
- For the best quality mayo, I would highly recommend that the eggs you use should be as fresh as possible. Older eggs will not work as well, and your mayo might not last as long in the fridge.
- You can replace the lemon juice with some apple cider vinegar instead.
- Adding some crushed garlic is a great way to quickly turn this into a garlic aioli.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!