Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Paleo Nachos Recipe
- Prep time: 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 20 Minutes
- Total time: 35 Minutes
- Serves: 4
Sweet Potato Chips
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp red chili, minced
- 500 g (1.1 lb) ground beef
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 500 g (1.1 lb) diced tomatoes
Sweet Potato Chips
- First, preheat an oven to 200°C (390°F).
- Next, start by slicing the sweet potatoes. The thinner you can get them, the more corn chip like they will be.
- In a bowl, mix the sweet potato chips with the coconut oil.
- Place the sweet potatoes onto a tray as a single layer and season lightly.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. You can flip them halfway through the cooking process to help encourage them to get crispier.
- While they are baking, prepare the beef topping.
- Place a frypan over medium heat and add 1 Tbsp of coconut oil.
- Once the pan is hot, add the onion, garlic, and chili to the pan and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Next, add the ground beef and cook for a further 4-5 minutes.
- Add the paprika, cumin, tomato paste, tomatoes, and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 20 minutes uncovered.
Assembling the Nachos
- On a serving plate, place the sweet potato chips.
- Place the beef topping on the top of the chips.
- Add any extras such as guacamole or tomato salsa.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- As I mentioned above, getting the sweet potato chips as thin as possible is the best way to get them crispy. An alternative you can also try is shallow frying rather than baking in the oven. Either way, you still get some delicious paleo-friendly nachos.
- If you like your nachos hot, then do not be afraid to add a little bit more chili than what I have specified in this recipe. Just make sure you keep tasting the beef mix to make sure you do not go too overboard with the chili.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!