Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Paleo Omelette Recipe
- Prep time 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 10 Minutes
- Total time 20 Minutes
- Serves 1
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 handful of baby spinach
- Cook the red onion and red bell pepper in a pan over medium heat, until the onion is translucent.
- Add spinach and wilt slightly, set aside.
- Whisk together the water and the eggs.
- Heat a pan over high heat and add the coconut oil.
- Slowly pour in the egg mixture.
- Allow the egg to cook slightly.
- If you have toppings, add them to the top now.
- Once the egg is starting to set, you can either finish it in in the oven, under the grill, or attempt at flipping it.
- Lastly, once the egg is completely set, remove from the pan.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- It is best to do an omelette in a non-stick frying pan, as this will help prevent it from sticking and tearing.
- To help cook the egg, don’t be afraid to pull back some of the cooked egg to allow the raw egg to run onto the surface of the pan.
- Heat control is extremely important when it comes to cooking an omelette. For example, if you have the pan too high, the egg will burn and be raw on one side. If the heat is too low, you increase the chance of it sticking and taking forever to cook.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!