Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Paleo Pastry Recipe
- Prep time 10 Minutes
- Total time 10 Minutes
- Serves 1
- 2 & 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 4 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- Place the almond flour and salt into a bowl or food processor.
- Add the coconut oil and eggs and work until it forms into a ball.
- Roll out on a board dusted with coconut flour or similar. Alternatively, you can spread and press it in into a pie/tart dish.
- Use as required.
- As I mentioned above, if you don’t need the pastry straight away, then wrap it up in some cling wrap, so it doesn’t dry out and place it in the fridge. You will need to allow it to warm up when you remove from the refrigerator as it will go quite hard.
- If you prefer, you can remove the tapioca flour and reduce the coconut oil down to 2 Tbsp. However, you will end up with a much crumblier texture.
- Assuming your dough is not coming together then try adding a little bit of water to help bring it together. Try and avoid adding another egg as this may turn your pastry very eggy.
- If you’re using this pastry as a base in a pie or tart, then make sure you blind bake it before you put your filling in. To do this cover the pastry with baking paper and add some pie weights on top. You should only need to blind bake it for 5-10 minutes at 200°C (390°F).
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!