Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Paleo Pastry Recipe
- Prep time 10 Minutes
- Total time 10 Minutes
- Serves 1
- 2 & 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- Place the almond flour, tapioca flour, and salt into a bowl.
- Add the coconut oil and eggs and work until it forms into a ball.
- Roll the pastry out on a board dusted with coconut flour. Alternatively, you can spread and press into a pie or tart dish.
- Use as required.
- As I mentioned above, if you don’t need the pastry straight away, then wrap it up in some cling wrap so that it won't dry out. You will need to warm it up when you remove it from the refrigerator, as it will go quite hard.
- If you prefer, you can remove the tapioca flour and reduce the coconut oil down to two tablespoons. However, you will end up with a much crumblier texture.
- Assuming your dough is not coming together, then try adding a little bit of water to help bring it together. Try and avoid adding another egg as this may turn your pastry very eggy.
- If you’re using this pastry as a base in a pie or tart, then make sure you blind bake it before you put your filling in. To do this, cover the pastry with baking paper and add some pie weights on top. You should only need to blind bake for five to ten minutes at 200°C (390°F).
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!