Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Paleo Porridge Recipe
- Prep time 5 Minutes
- Cook time: 5 Minutes
- Total time 10 Minutes
- Serves 1
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup almond meal
- 1 Tbsp flax seeds
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Combine all the ingredients in a pot over medium heat.
- Bring to a simmer while constantly stirring.
- Cook for about 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- If you make a large mix of the dry ingredients and store it in an airtight container, then you can just quickly measure what you need, roughly half a cup per serve.
- This porridge is fantastic with some fresh berries and a bit of honey or maple syrup. If you’re wondering if those sweeteners are paleo, then you will be glad to hear that they are in small amounts.
- As you can tell, this gluten-free porridge is very rich in coconut. So, if you’re not a fan of coconut, then you might want to skip this recipe. Alternatively, you can try replacing the coconut milk with almond milk and the shredded coconut with more almond meal.
- Almond meal is also known as almond flour or ground almonds.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!